Museum [for a day] is hosted by the United Railroad Historical Society of New Jersey, owners of the largest and most historic railroad collection in New Jersey. During the once-a-year event, the URHS Restoration Facility in Boonton, NJ will become New Jersey's largest railroad museum. Museum [for a day] provides a rare, family-friendly opportunity to admire, explore, and go inside of our historic trains and learn about their connection to the region we live in.
Tri-State's Morristown & Erie 19 and several of our cabooses will be on display and open for tours!
More information is available at
When - Sunday, September 30, 2018, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Where - 104 Morris Avenue, Boonton, NJ 07005
Admission Prices -
- Adults (age 12+) - $5.00
- Children (ages 3-11) - $3.00
- Boy Scouts in uniform - $3.00
- Discover and explore over a dozen pieces of restored historic railroad equipment from New Jersey, inside and out
- Visit vintage cars, trucks, buses, and military vehicles
- Enjoy live music and freshly-cooked food
- Meet and talk to railroaders and railroad preservationists
- Learn about railroad historical preservation efforts in New Jersey
- If you're a Boy Scout, earn a special patch, or even Railroading Merit Badge
- Visit the Boonton Day street fair, just up the road
Event parking is available at the Upper Plane Street municipal lot (click here for directions). This lot is located directly adjacent to the Boonton Day street fair on Main Street, and a free shuttle bus will be available to take you to Museum [for a day].